To be a catalyst for positive change, driving shared socio-economic value
OUR INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY
Our investment must result in enhanced economic participation, contributing to growth and improved quality of life within our operating geographies and fenceline communities. Our social investment (SI) approach is brought to life through a multi-pronged, multiyear methodology to respond to the priorities of our fenceline communities. This is to ensure that we deliver impactful and relevant programmes which create shared value among various stakeholders. This is done by intersecting the Sasol Intent with our fenceline community priorities and national, provincial and local priorities in our operating geographies and fenceline communities
Our key focus areas
- Enhancing the quality of education outcomes for our learners from early childhood development to entrepreneurship and employment.
- Increasing the pool and quality of relevant skills to bridge the capability gap for our fenceline community beneficiaries in order to increase employability and portable skills for the youth.
- Enabling economic inclusion opportunities for small businesses to contribute to the economic growth in our operating geographies through our economic transformation and local content programmes.
- Enhancing the quality of life of our communities through better access to quality health systems and community service infrastructure.
- Building resilient community infrastructure to improve the health, sanitation, electricity and roads for our fenceline communities through our community development programmes.
- Increasing environmental awareness through environmental stewardship programmes which contribute to building a sustainable community.
- Creating sustainable connections of Sasol through our employees and non-profit organisations who do good in our communities through our Sasol for Good programme including voluntary payroll donations, once-off donations and disaster relief contributions.